Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Week to Myself

Hubs took the boys to Kansas this week for a visit with their grandmother.  So, since Tuesday morning I've been on my own.  I love my kids but I have to say it's been absolutely glorious to have a break.  I got a pedicure, a haircut, went shopping for an Easter dress, slowly browsed the wine shop.  It's so quiet..

quiet...

Being a mom and a wife is not for the weak at heart.  I know I'll be rested and refreshed by the time they get home tomorrow afternoon.  It did make me realize that I don't spend enough time on myself, meaning I don't take care of myself and I certainly haven't made my physical and mental health a priority.  I'm going to start back with Yoga on Monday and I'm really excited.

Tonight it's a new bottle of wine, a hot bath, and some calming music.  Recharging...

1 comment:

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

This week sounded amazing as I followed through FB and Instagram. I do think we need a recharge every now and then and to realize that we deserve some of our own time also. Glad you got this perspective.