Monday, January 14, 2013

Trip to the National Children's Museum

Yesterday, a good friend and I took our kids to the recently re-opened National Children's Museum.  When I was a kid it was located on the National Mall and now it is at National Harbor.

I have such fond memories of that place as a kid.  Unfortunately, I was really disappointed in the new museum.  It didn't live up to my expectations at all and we were done in about an hour. I remember it being so hands on and making and eating tortillas and chocolate.  Now everything just seems kind of generic.  It was short on square footage and content, in my opinion.  I think it is probably meant for toddlers through age 5.

All the negative aside, it was a fun outing with friends complete with lunch and frozen yogurt!  We need to be more adventurous with the kiddos, I think their expectations were completely met.  As a parent, I'll have to remember that for next time:)

Buds since birth!

Making the best of it on crutches!

The Firetruck exhibit was the favorite.

Car Racing

Climb a lampost, why not?

Had a hard time keeping him away from the Firetruck...

No comments: