Saturday, January 12, 2013

Slow Saturday's are the Best!

Saturday has arrived and I am so happy.  I got to sleep in until 10:00 AM today which is a real treat.   That doesn't mean I wasn't up 5 times between 6:30 and 7:00 urging the boys to go back to bed since it was still dark.  Nonetheless, Hubs got up and let me fall back to sleep:)  I needed it.

Tomorrow a friend and I are taking the boys to the National Children's Museum at National Harbor.  I think Puck is ready to get out of the house and away from the video games.  We are going to take the wheelchair, just in case it's too much.  I used to go there as a kid when it was in DC.  They closed down for years but have reopened at the Harbor.  I remember you used to go into a TeePee and make tortillas.  Great memories! 

I have a house to clean, business taxes to organize, and my home office to finish sanding and touching up the paint.  Not too fun, but at least I finally feel rested!

I'll be 37 years old next week.  37 I can't even believe it, but I think I'm ready.  I like to think I'm taking the gray hair and crows feet all in stride.  I might take my birthday off and treat myself to a mani and a pedi.  We'll see....


3 comments:

Marvett Smith said...

Happy early Birthday! I think you should treat yourself to whatever you want on that day. You deserve it!

*Jess* said...

yay for sleeping in!!!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Which day?