Saturday, January 5, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers


  • I'm always late on this but this time I have an excuse.  As if it wasn't bad enough that my son broke his leg on December 28 I came down with the Flu on Wednesday night.  I felt off all day at work but by the time I got home it really hit me.  I laid on the couch motionless under a pile of blankets as the chills just got worse and worse.  I managed to help Hubs with the kids at bedtime but then I went to bed too.  I was wearing about 4 layers of clothing and I was still freezing.  It's amazing how it just comes on like a freight train and knocks you off your feet.
  • The bad part was I still had to go to work the next day because we had a big department meeting.  I shouldn't have even been driving but I didn't have a choice.  I took so many cold & flu meds to make sure I could get through it but it wasn't easy.  After the 3 hour meeting I went back to bed for about 5 hours.  It's amazing how far woman can push themselves when necessary.  I really just wanted to curl into a ball and cry but that is never an option for us moms, is it?  
  • Hubs was awesome through it all.  I have to give him props.  He has been getting Puck to and from school everyday with his wheelchair and getting both boys ready for school.  No complaints and he took my Flu all in stride.  I'll have to do something nice to thank him.
  • Hubs and I went light on gifts for each other for Christmas this year so we could save up for new carpet and he gave me a clip for my Pandora bracelet...which I've already lost.  Crap:(   I'm not in love with 2013 so far.  I really hope Broken Leg, Flu, Lost Gift, isn't an indication of more to come.
  • Tomorrow I am setting up a vendor booth at my very first Bridal Show as a Wedding Photographer.  If I'm being honest, I'm terrified that my little booth will look like small peanuts.  It would just be so easy to give up.  Hubs said the best thing to me, "Remember, it's the starting line, not the finish line..."  Isn't that the best thing he could ever say????  It was exactly what I needed to hear.
  • I learned an important lesson through all of this.  Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  I'm sure you've heard it before.  Spending the night unexpectedly in the hospital and being laid out with the flu a few days later...let's just say it looked like a bomb had gone off in my house! 
  • It's my Birthday Month.  I wonder how I should celebrate?!?

Please go share all of your leftovers with the lovely and talented, Danifred.  

1 comment:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Go you with your super mama keep on truckin even when you're sick. Yay for your photography adventure. Let us know how it goes!