Friday, January 18, 2013

Evaluate

There is something about a birthday and getting older that makes us take a step back and look at our life and evaluate where we've been, and what direction we are moving in.

I lament that I won't ever have a daughter.  I can't helpt it.  I love my boys more than anything but there is this curiosity deep down that wonders what she would have looked like, sounded like, acted like... Would she have curly hair, would she wrap her daddy around her little finger?  I'll be 37 next week and Hubs is adamant that we are done having kids.  The rational side of me knows that's probably the responsible decision but my heart doesn't give a shit what my head thinks.  I would even adopt.  I find so many things appealing about that.  Giving a child a life they otherwise could never have had.  Teaching my boys the value of giving more than yourself.  Love.  I love the idea of adopting a 4 or 5 year old little lady.  But some things are just not in my control.

I would love to live in a quiet place near the ocean or the woods or the mountains.  Someplace where you can see stars at night and hear the birds sing in the morning.  Someplace where family time is a priority because we aren't always distracted with other things.

This year as I creep ever closer to 40 I hope to take better care of my body.  I want to think about what I put in it and take better care of my mind, body, and spirit.

This year I will:

Learn to say No

Exercise Regularly

Drink Less Wine

Be more patient with my kids and remember that they will be all grown up in the blink of an eye.

Throw out clutter

Embrace Spirituality

Get back to Yoga

Get regular Mani & Pedi's :)

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I hope that if you never have a biological or adoptive daughter, you get the best daughter-in-laws in the world :)

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I LOVE your goals for the year. However the drink less wine sounds hard. haha. But seriously, a nice mix of things.