Sunday, December 30, 2012

What Day Is It?

I've lost track of time.  It hasn't even been 48 hours since Puck broke his leg in 2 places.  He is so far unable to walk with crutches through either fear of pain, pain, or both.  He won't allow up to move him at all.  Getting him home from the hospital was not easy.

Reuniting with his brother, Puck was all smiles:)


I forced him to use the wheel chair to get to the bathroom last night which felt like a come to Jesus moment.  I think we were both crying by the time I got him there.  I taught him to yell out "afraid" or "hurts" as I couldn't decipher his screams.  It seemed to work and for the most part he was afraid.

He slept on the couch last night and my husband slept beside him on an air mattress.

I hope today is better.  As long as we aren't asking him to move he is in pretty good spirits.  I'm trying not to look too far ahead down the road like how am I supposed to go back to work when he is like this and how is he going to go to school?

2 comments:

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

This is just TERRIBLE! I know you'll get through it, but it's really a mess! Hope he's doing better in no time!

Danifred said...

It has to be so scary for him. I hope he has transitioned back to school without too much difficulty. Maybe he's the super cool kid with the cool cast and awesome "war story"? :)