Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas

Well, it's done.  All the preparations all the wrapping, cooking, baking, cleaning, and elf-on-the-shelfing...done.  I'm happy to say I only forgot to move out Elf, Ralphie one time.  We made up for it when Ralphie actually showed up in our hotel room at Great Wolf Lodge.  Redeemed.

Under the waterfall at Great Wolf Lodge

Puck

Muffin jumping over the logs


In the Lobby

The big gift this year was the Electric Scooters.  They go 15mph...ugg.  Why must Santa bring such dangerous gifts that will certainly end us up in the ER?  Why?

Muffin's list was simple:  A Superman Toy and a Giant Stuffed Sonic.  This is what he would repeat if you asked him what he wanted.  Puck wanted The Electric Scooter and Anti-Gravity Shoes.  What are those?

I was glad to have my dad with us here Christmas eve and morning.  It's such a gift.

I wonder how many more Christmases we will have with Puck still believing in Santa?  Time is flying. I'd post pix from Christmas but I can't find my camera.

3 comments:

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Wait...did you write this BEFORE the leg? The part about the ER gave me chills!

Tezzie said...

I had the same reaction as Rebecca!

It's a fine line, though,isn't it? Between what we know can be dangerous...and what we know the kids will totally LOVE doing. I constantly struggle with not wanting to be the over protective mom at the same time as just wanting to protect my kids! Unfortunately, there aren't any guarantees in life, and we ultimately just have to let them live their lives, have fun, make mistakes, and learn from them.

Don't beat yourself up over it...I would've made the same decision about the scooters that you made <3

Danifred said...

Yes, what they said! Was this a little foreboding on your part? I hope your time at Great Wolf was wonderful!