Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

Every year we typically have Thanksgiving with my Dad, Stepmom and her very large and fun Italian family.  This year, her uncle was in the hospital and it's pretty serious.  This came after 2 other older family members ended up in the hospital as well.  They had to cancel Thanksgiving.  It is the kind of Thanksgiving that requires them to rent out the party room of their condo and have enough place settings for 20+ people!  The boys love Thanksgiving at Poppy & Mac's.  They love that Aunt Lena let's them play in the gym.  I always enjoy the time I get to spend with my dad.  I don't know how things will turn out for Uncle T but I pray that the family can find peace.

We invited some friends over that were also going to be Thanksgiving-It alone.  It worked out wonderfully as they already had a Turkey so they dropped it off so my amazing cooking Hubs could prepare and cook it!  I found a festive table cloth and had it over-nighted and one big trip to the grocery store was all it took to pull off a great Thanksgiving.  It was our first as a married couple that we had no "culinary" help from the elders.  I think we did great.

Also a few days before Thanksgiving Muffin was diagnosed with Pneumonia.  You would hardly even know he is sick, this kid is so tough.  We have a follow up today to see if the antibiotics are working.  I hope they are.  Hubs said they could hospitalize him...I hope not.  I'm coughing a lot too....I really hope I don't have it...  He's a trooper though, that's for sure.

It was a good day and the Hubs and I finished it off with a few bourbon and cokes and watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  It's how we always kick off the Christmas season:)

I'm thankful for...

Family
Friends
Home
Technology
Antibiotics
Coffee


No comments: