Monday, October 15, 2012

Letting Go

I did something this weekend that was very hard for me to do...

I sorted through the baby clothes and passed on much of the collection to friends and the goodwill.

I folded those little clothes for the last time and really had no idea that when I stored then away so carefully that there would never be another baby of mine to wear them.

Time had passed quickly while we were busy living life and even though there are more reasons to not have a 3rd than there are in favor of another baby, that didn't make me want one any less. I think I'll always wonder what it would have been like to have a daughter. I've accepted that part of my life is finished. No more babies for me.

I love my sons more than anything in the world. I'm looking forward to all that is to come.

3 comments:

SmartBear said...

I recently did that as well. And even though I was solid in my decision, it still felt a little "off". Another Momma Milestone I guess.
Best,
Tina

Shauna said...

As a mother of all boys, I can so relate. I used to wonder what a daughter would be like also. But then my daughter in law came along and she and I are so close, she is the daughter I never had. I wish the same for you!

krayzid0rk said...

I couldn't do it either!

However now expecting our last baby it may come in handy. We have 8 days until we know the gender and if it's a boy all those clothes are used one last time and we will wonder what it would be like to have a girl.

Even if it ends up being a girl, I then have to fold all those tiny boy clothes and send them away. It is such a hard thing for mama's to do. We just carry that tiny being for so long and then swaddle it in tiny clothes. It's painful to watch them grow and grow even as fun as it is, they will always be our babies!