Monday, September 3, 2012

Tomorrow is the Day

...that I send my baby off to Kindergarten.  I can't believe the time has come to put Muffin on the school bus and watch is drive off down the street.

I love this kid and he has come so far but he is still Muffin.  Last night he had a total meltdown when we realized his new favorite Super.man PJ's were in the dryer.  He cried for 45 minutes (the compete dry cycle) and he kept telling me he was "so sad" and the tears just kept coming as if it was the worst possible sadness he could imagine.  He wasn't going to give this battle up and he didn't go to sleep until I pulled the warm PJ's from the dryer and handed them over.

Muffin in St. Augustine, FL this summer
I know I will ball like a baby when I put my "baby" on the bus tomorrow morning.  I know just the site of him wearing his new Mario.Bros backpack will make the tears prick my eyes.  I hope he just gets on the bus with only excitement and no fear.  I don't want to send this kid out into the world but I know I have to.  I literally feel like a Mama bird pushing her baby bird out of the nest and forcing him to fly.

Good luck tomorrow Muffin, I know you are destined for Kindergarten greatness:)  So much love:)

1 comment:

Tezzie said...

Best of luck, Muffin! (and mom ;D). LOVE those glasses on him!