Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Treading Water

We are enjoying our vacation away from the Northern Virginia area.  If it were up to me I would never go back.  Except for some friends and family I think that place has given me all it can.  Housing is ridiculous and the higher salaries don't even come close to making up  for it.  I commute at least an hour each way everyday and it's wearing on me...big time.  How am I going to continue that for the next 20 years?  Is that what I'm supposed to do?  Am I being selfish?  What if we could go somewhere else?  What if we could have a single family home?  or a pool? (like in Florida).   I don't know.  I don't know what the right thing to do is.  I've lived in the DC Metro area my whole life.  Life is stressful there.  Everything moves so fast and I think I'm ready to slow down.


3 comments:

JEN said...

Commuting two hours a day is rough! I often have fantasties about moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere, but then remember that is how I grew up and it had plenty of negatives :)

L. Merical said...

Slowing down is one of the best things I ever did for myself. I highly recommend it. Everywhere has it's own positives and negatives, it's all about finding a balance that works for you. Miss you!

Danifred said...

I think about moving away from this place all the time. So hard, but so tempting.