Saturday, June 16, 2012

Updates

It's been awhile, I know.  I realize I have left some questions unanswered.

  • Muffin's Child Psychologist determined that based on the Asperger's evaluations we submitted the results were inconclusive.  He is doing well and we are moving forward and will re-visit this in Kindergarten if problems arise.  He really is doing great.  So social and outgoing now, talking constantly so much that sometimes I wish he would stop, lol!  

  • If you recall he had to get glasses a couple of months ago.  Muffin has Amblyopia.  So now he has to patch his eye and have Atropine drops in the good eye to help improve his vision in the bad eye.  He has to wear the patch for 4 hours a day and he is taking it all in stride.  Please get your child's eyes checked BEFORE the 5 year well-check.  Looking back I'm sure we could have started to correct this a couple of years ago.  Click on this link for more information on Amblyopia .  Amblyopia can actually lead to functional blindness in the weaker eye if left untreated!  Now, go get that check up!

  • School has ended so in the Fall Muffin will be starting Kindergarten (OMG) and Puck will be a 2nd grader!!  

  • Last night an over-the-door pull-up bar fell on Pucks head.  He started screaming and when I saw him he had blood all down the side of his face.  I freaked, I admit it.  He ended up in the ER where they glued the gash back together.  The only downside is no swimming for 5 days.  He's going to miss his first 2 days of developmental swim team practice. Uggg:(

  • I hope to post some pix soon:)  Life has just been moving break-neck speed here!!!

No comments: