Sunday, March 4, 2012

New Glasses

Yesterday as we were sitting down to see The Lorax I received a call that Muffin's glasses were ready for pick up 2 days early.  I was so excited we went right over to "Wal-you know what".  I'm not really a fan of that place and avoid it at all costs but it was hands down the cheapest place for kids.  Thank you H, I took your advice.  I was able to get 2 different styles of glasses  to make sure he was comfortable and to have an extra pair on hand as I'm sure it's only days before one pair gets busted.  Fingers crossed.  He seemed somewhat excited too.  He was getting all kinds of looks as we were leaving because, let's face it, he IS the cutest kid to ever wear glasses;)  He did point an exclaim as we were leaving, "Look at that!"  I have no idea what he was talking about but he clearly was seeing something he couldn't before.


Cute, it's going to be hard to get an outside shot of him without the glare on his glasses.


He did great all day playing outside while I tried not to constantly nag with, "Watch the glasses, no, stop, don't do that...."  He was genuinely excited to show all the neighborhood kids his new glasses and seemed more outgoing than I've seen him in awhile.  I was feeling great until we came inside and he tried to watch TV and play Mario Gal.axy 2 (his favorite) and said several times, "I can't see."  He was taking the glasses off or looking over the rims.  After doing some research and asking all my FB friends, this may be temporary as he adjusts and if not, we will have the script re-checked in about 2 weeks.
So serious...


Seems to be taking it all in.


Nice view here, they are 2 shades of blue with a white strip around the edges.

He just asked me if he could wear his glasses to school tomorrow:)  I'm feeling a little triumphant.  One more little win for him!

7 comments:

*Jess* said...

He is super cute!

Martine said...

Those glasses are so cute :) I've worn glasses since I was 3 & can relate to getting use to a new pair. It's awesome that you bought 2 pairs, good thinking! I hope school goes well for him, he's so handsome!

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

Glasses are adorable on him.
I can tell you that Ped. Opthamalogists say it can take a bit for the brain to catch up so to speak, its a brain eye connection. Although it is interesting that he didn't say this until he watched TV. I would just keep trying, it can be tough in the beginning. And when it doubt, don't think twice about just calling and talking to your childs PO that is what they are there for. I know I called and talked to my daughter's PO assistant in the beginning.

Tezzie said...

Oh, I'm SO glad that it's going well...and he is absolutely adorable in his glasses!! I remember Boy was amazed at all he could see when he first got his glasses, and would constantly point out stuff. The first few days were an adjustment, for sure, though...he'd get a little dizzy and complain of his head hurting, so, I let him take short breaks from wearing them, but reminded him after a while that he needed to put them on again. It didn't take long until he wanted to wear them all the time...the headaches and dizziness went away pretty quickly.

Thanks so much for your input regarding WP <3 I went as far as actually setting up a blog, but I reeeeally didn't like how limiting the free templates are. Also, the whole dashboard and following thing sucks. There's no way that I could adjust to following using email. I think I'll just have to stay with blogger...hard to teach an old dog new tricks, and all... LOL!!

Have a fabulous week, my friend <3

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

He looks so cute.

I'm glad he's taken to them well.

I'm hoping that he'll adjust to them with the TV and such...

Danifred said...

He looks so cute! I'm so glad he's so excited about them :)

Sam Times said...

Well, those glasses did raise his cuteness. The fact that he wants to wear it at school was the best part of this.