- Please excuse my tardiness...I was down with a nasty little stomach bug that knocked my off my feet for 2 whole days. I didn't eat or hardly even get out of bed. On Thursday AM I awoke after a restless sleep. Tossed and turned all night, queasy, couldn't get comfortable. I got up anyway, dressed and was ready to go but ended losing my dinner in the toilet. My husband couldn't believe I was still going to go to work. (Calling in sick isn't really an option where I work. There was no one to cover for me, I had to go). I grabbed some target bags (just in case) and left. I got almost an hour from home before I knew I couldn't do it. I was getting worse not better. My office was able to reschedule my shoot, thank the lord, and I turned around and drove home. I went straight to bed and stayed there for the next 2 days. I have vowed to be more sensitive, more loving, caring, and sympathetic the next time my Hubs or kids are sick. It sucks!!!! He was great and made sure I had my favorite flavor of gator.ade by my side the whole time:) Thank honey!
- Recently one of my closest and dearest friends officially became a SAHM. This woman has had it hard, and so this is nothing but the best most wonderful news for this truly loving and fabulous mother...but I was jealous. I hate to even admit that because jealousy is such a hideous ugly thing, but I was. I just get so tired of trying to make so many different people happy from all sides and the pressure of performing in the workplace as a mother is exhausting. It's hard to explain unless you have to do it. It means sometimes you don't get to put your kids first and I hate that. Staying home for me is not an option but I feel like I'm missing so many important moments and that they are missing the best of me too when I'm not tired and frustrated from dealing with office politics, pressure, and TRAFFIC:( I have one of the worst commutes in the country. I'm thrilled for my friend and the jealousy has past, I just wish it had never appeared.
- We are having a Super Bowl get-together tonight. Dare I say "party" because it's not that but there will be 8 adults and 8 children from the ages of 5 weeks to 8 years old. The clean-up should be fun...
- Did I tell you Hubs said I could get my engagement ring re-set? I'm beyond hopeful it won't be too pricey. I want to take my existing diamonds and have them reset into a more modern-updated design. I have a marquise solitaire and 12 tiny little diamonds on my wedding band. I hope to have them placed around the marquise in what's called a halo. The bands can remain plain. This is a completely frivolous and unnecessary expense but I don't buy designer clothes or fancy furniture and with our 11 year anniversary coming up, I think it's time;)
- Muffin's 5th Birthday is this coming Sunday. I can't even believe it!!!!! I'm going to have a 7 and a 5 year old???? Where did the time go? I can truly say I didn't appreciate the time I had with them when they were small. Sigh....I won't do that anymore! Big party planned with a Super Mario Brother's cake and a party with all his classmates at the local bounce house. Squueeeee!
Please head on over and check out the 2 day old leftovers with Danifred, who just became a mother for the 3rd time:) A precious baby boy has arrived to the sheer joy of his 2 older sisters. Go show some love<3