Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthdays

Last Tuesday was my birthday.  On Saturday prior, I got to celebrate with my family and the boys at a very nice dinner out:)  On my actual birthday I went to work as usual.  I decided as I was driving in at 6:45 AM that next year I am totally taking a vacation day.  Next year, I will be getting a full on spa manicure and pedicure and go shopping for new shoes or something else ridiculously frivolous and excessive.  I did enjoy a fun lunch with my co-workers and friends from the office:)  That night, we got a babysitter and Hubs and I went out for a special birthday dinner to a local Japanese Steak House.  It was so fun!  I sipped Kir Royale and ordered the Terriaki Chicken & Shrimp.  Delicious!
Yummy

I was pleasantly surprised at the end of dinner when they brought me cake and sang happy birthday to me:)   I also got to wear a totally hilarious birthday balloon crown, don't laugh;)

Happy 36th to me!


Maybe it's what everyone does...but around the time of my birthday I spend a lot of time thinking about my life and where I am and who I am.  I've decide that for the first time in years I feel truly comfortable in my own skin...I could still lose 20 pounds but I'm not in a hurry.  Life is good.  Life is great!  Hubs and I are really in sync, the boys are growing like weeds and doing well in school.  There's the slightest hope on the horizon that a 3rd baby could be a possibility but I'm preparing mentally that it might not happen and I'm so thankful for my sons.


5 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Happy Birthday - glad things are so great for you right now! And I don't think you need to lose any weight - you look wonderful :)

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

LOVE the idea of a vacation day on your birthday!!! I often thought about that when I was working, but my students always made my birthday so much fun...I couldn't miss it.

Love that little hat. I'm glad you had fun.

What is in a Kir Royale?

Danifred said...

Happy belated birthday! It's a great day for a birthday ;)

SmartBear said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had some fun...but I agree...next year take a spa day!
Best,
Tina

BF said...

I love Japanese restuarants! We frequent Benihana's more times than I'd like to admit, but it's so good!! Happy belated birthday!