Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I can't believe...

it's over!  All the prepping and decorating and shopping; and the baking and the wrapping and more  shopping!  How time flies when you're having fun.

We spent a wonderful Christmas Eve with family here in our home watching our favorite Christmas movies.  This year we added Christmas with the Kranks along with our standard NL's Christmas Vacation!  Take out Chinese and enough snacks, apps, and wine to feed an army.  We sat by the fire and laughed and ate and snuggled.

In record time Santa came and went.  It helped that Mrs. Claus had all the wrapping done ahead of time;) 

Puck kept asking and asking for Elf on the Shelf and couldn't undertstand why everyone seemed to have one but him, so 3 days before Christmas I caved and brought one home while he slept.  I left the box open in front of our Advent calendar since that's the first place he goes every morning.  We hid the elf so it looked like he had climbed out of the box himself. 

I had to leave for work early the next morning so I didn't get to see the excitement unfold but Hubs said Puck blasted into our room with the empty box yelling that the elf had come and was hiding somewhere in the house and he couldn't find him!!!  He was eventually found in our tree.  Puck phoned me at work to tell me the news and the excitement in his voice almost made me cry.  He was so full of joy and it made me joyful:)

So for 3 days we enjoyed Ralphie, the elf.  Hubs relented that I was right and it WAS worth it.

We had a great Christmas and I'm happy to say that life in my world is joyful and I'm so thankful for everything I have and all the people that are in it. 

I'm looking forward to a new year with new possibilities.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!!!

2 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Merry Christmas! THanks to following you on instagram I don't feel out of touch! yipee!

What's with the Tom shoes this season. looks like everyone was getting them. Maybe it is too cold or we are too behind the times here in MN....

Glad Ralphie made it to your house. such a fun tradition. Next year you can enjoy the stress of him all season :) And by stress I mean the middle of the night waking up abruptly, sitting up and remembering he needs to hide.

Danifred said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. Can't wait to hear about your elf's adventures next year.