Saturday, October 8, 2011

Baby Clothes

I've just about cleared out my house of all the baby stuff...except the clothes.  I don't know why but I can't even think about parting with all those onesies, socks, and PJ's.  That cute little Christmas outfit, the adorable fuzzy zip up with the little bear ears on the hood.  I must have 12 plastic storage tubs full of everything baby boy from newborn on up.  They take up half my storage closet in the attic.

Truth be told I would love just one more baby but I just don't think that's in the cards for us.  A shot at a little sister for Puck and Muffin is really tempting but I still wouldn't be able use all those boy clothes.  We are practical people and practically speaking I guess it's not a good idea.  Money, house, daycare, jobs, age, etc... It's sad to think that my body is done doing the most amazing thing it can do, grow a human.

A friend just found out she is pregnant so that gives my 9 months to work up the strength to give her all my sweet cotton memories of my babies.  I hate that all those clothes are going to waste and I really do want someone to be able to use them. 

There is just something about those teeny tiny baby-powdered smelling soft little outfits...

6 comments:

Kristiina said...

It is hard to part with the clothes...my compromise is that I have saved some of my favorites for each child that I can pass along to them for their own kids.

*Jess* said...

I always save special outfits and blankets and put them in one rubbermaid container for the kids to have when they get married and have their own kids. I know the styles will be different, but I loved putting MY old baby clothes on my daughter :) And my husbands' on my son!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

I did the same thing...I have their Christmas outfits from one year and their Christening outfits (from the GAP...so traditional, right?). We're just decluttering like crazy, so I'm doing my best. It's hard though.

Tezzie said...

Awww...I know how you feel! Even though I know we're not having any more kids, it's still hard to part with some of those cute little outfits. I did the same as the lovely ladies above...saved the extra special outfits. And, as someone who's given lots of clothes away, as well, I can happily report it's wonderful seeing the clothes worn again...it brings back sweet memories of my kids wearing the same outfits!

Danifred said...

As I am getting rid of the girls things (sob), I am pulling out special things that I can't let go of. My plan is to eventually have them made into a quilt, so when they are gone, I'll have little pieces of their childhood to keep me warm.

Amber Page Writes said...

I still have an entire garage full of baby stuff. I just can't resign myself to the fact that one may be it for me. But those baby clothes...those are the worst.