Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blue

I'm in a little bit of a funk this morning.  I'm thinking about all the things that need to be done around the house, the busy few weeks ahead with school, PTO, work, etc.  I'm so ready for school to start back on Tuesday but I also remember how crazy the fall is for our schedule both at home and at work and I already feel tired.

I need a manicure and a pedicure and that's just not going to happen anytime soon.  At least I was able to get my hair cut last week, that's a start.  Now if this extra 35lbs I'm holding onto would just disappear...no it's still here.

We are having an end of summer cookout today for everyone on the block and to also celebrated Hubs' 36th B-day, or is it 37?  Hmmm.  I have a terrible memory.  Terrible.  Maybe a hamburger will cheer me up as long as I don't think about where it's ending up on my thighs.

It was a great summer.  Maybe I'm just feeling blue that it's almost over.

3 comments:

Tezzie said...

Yep...sounds like the post-summer blues :P And, you sound like a typical mom, stressing about stuff before it happens. Try to give yourself a break, and enjoy that hamburger (darnit!)...and let the stress come when it comes; not a second before it's needed ;)

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

You're one up on me...I never remember when I met Husband or when his birthday is. I suck...cheer up!

Danifred said...

The end of summer is always a little bittersweet. I have to admit, I'm ready for a schedule and the cool fall weather though.
Hope your day has gotten better!