Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Divine Intervention, Maybe

Being Robin, not Batman

Well after last nights post I thought I had to accept that Muffin was stuck in a less than desirable situation for the rest of the school year.  Then my phone rang today and it was the director of his preschool calling about switching Muffin to the other Jr. K class.  Turns out 4 kids that were supposed to be enrolled in the other class never showed.

Bonus, this teacher is much more aware of SPD and has had kids with special needs in her class before.  Even better, she was warm and kind and comforting.  She has invited Cade to come to school early tomorrow so he can get a tour of his new classroom.  The assistant teacher knows Muffin back from his MMO days.

Sensory Seekers like to be upside down.  Here he is watching TV.
I can't tell you the hope and relief I am feeling.  My mother in law said (she takes Muffin to and from school 4 days a week) the old teacher didn't even make time to  talk to her at pick up, was gruff, didn't day goodbye to Muffin, and just said, "His knew teacher is over there."

This is the right thing.  Someone up there must be looking out for my babe.

I wanted to also include this link HERE to an old (2007) Time Magazine story.  I think it is still a great article.  I posted it on my Facebook page asking that anyone who hasn't yet heard of Sensory Processing Disorder read it.  People ask me all the time if it's a "real" thing.  I'm living it, it's real.

We've got 1 year until Kindergarten and we WILL be ready!!!


5 comments:

Ed, Sarah, Charley, and Henry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This makes me smile. I am glad things have worked out! So sad that other teacher is a teacher. Doesn't sound like someone I want to be teaching with.

that was me, the comment deleter. I was logged into my personal account. oops.

Sarah
www.fortheloveofnaps.blogspot.com

L. Merical said...

I am SO happy to hear that Muffin will be in an environment that suits his self much better :) xoxo; I miss you every day.

Tezzie said...

Yay...great news! Go, Robin! ;)

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

That is great news...

Everyone in education should read that article...especially early childhood.