Monday, August 1, 2011

Vacay Updates

This morning Hubs and Puck left on a chartered fishing cruise for half the day.  I hope they have a great morning of sun, seas, and father-son bonding and of course, fish!  So Muffin and I are chilling in our little condo here and plan to hit the pool a little later:)

I think it's safe to say that we are all enjoying our time away from the regular day in and day out of our regular lives.  I am particularly relishing a break from my commute.  I've hardly had to get behind the wheel at all, which I love.

Even the dog loves it here:)  Watching him swim makes me smile.  He's getting better at fetching too.

Yesterday we took a break from the beach.  It's been so hot but yesterday was cool and it even rained.  Puck and I had a date to see the Smurfs and he loved it.  I'm always shocked how much I spend on popcorn and soda.  It's extortion, really.  Next time I'll be sneaking in my own treats for sure. 

Then it was a nice walk to the corner for dinner.  Steamed shrimp with drawn butter and crap soup...I mean, what else could you really ask for?  Delicious.

 I try not to think too much.  I've been reading a lot, already on book 2.  Loving Elin Hilderbrand for great beach reads.  Watching movies and drinking yummy red wine in the evenings before bed.   Vacation.


2 comments:

Danifred said...

Keep livin' it up! Enjoy.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

I'm leaving in a few short days and I can't wait...this just made me want it even more!