Monday, August 29, 2011

Summers End

Before we know it the leaves will fall from the trees and the air will grow cool.  I'm ready for Fall I suppose.  Ready for the kids to be back into a routine.  Ready to see the big yellow school bus rumble down the street.  Ready to pull out the jeans and the sweaters.  There is nothing like the feel of a hot cup of coffee between your hands on a cold morning.

It was a good summer.  We definitely made the most of it.  Lots of activities for the boys.  Trips to the pool, bike riding, staying up late with friends and eating from an almost endless supply of icee pops.

I miss the beach already and I truly feel that is where I am supposed to be but I take solace in the knowledge that it will be waiting for me come Memorial Day.  Don't we all want something to look forward to?


4 comments:

Danifred said...

It's always so bittersweet- the end of long days, sunshine and having nothing but time.
But, I'm ready for the cooler air and the colors of fall.

Shell said...

I have very mixed emotions about summer being over.

Heather said...

We go back again in November for Thanksgiving and sometimes in January or February. There is not a time of year that isn't amazing in the Outer Banks. Except maybe right now, with the hurricane. I am such a chicken.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

I often wonder if I could live in a climate without seasons...I don't think I could.