Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sick on Vacation

We've been lucky as it goes.  I can't remember a time when either of the boys was sick on vacation.  It happened yesterday.  We had been down on the beach for maybe 30 minutes when the whining started.  Whining is not unusual when talking about my boys, but this was different.  Puck was asking to go back to the house.  Part of me just thought he was bored and whining the way he has been known to do.  I laid the beach chair all the way back and put the towel down for him.  He fell asleep right away and didn't move for an hour.  I felt bad that he wasn't feeling well but it also reminded me of the many times he napped on the beach as a baby and toddler...

When he woke and wasn't impressed by the blue crabs that Hubs had caught I knew he was sick.  I took him up and showered off the sand and got him dressed in some comfy clothes and nestled him up on the couch with a movie.  He slept some more...

Later that night he napped in the bedroom for another hour.  Poor little man!  His fever reached 103.7.  I slept with him last night...my own personal space heater.  He seems more lively this morning and is happily playing DSi side by side with his brother.  I hope the fever stays down.  It's no fun to be sick on vacation. 

2 comments:

I'm just the MOM said...

oh poor guy! I hope he feels better soon.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

That sucks...the Crazies both got sick while we were on vacation. It is the pits.