Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

  • We are ready for school to start here in our house.  Sept 6 can't come fast enough.  The boys are fighting constantly and seem to be bored with just about every activity under the sun including riding bikes.  They have been playing waaaaaaay toooooooo much Super Mario for Wii but I kind of don't blame them.  I will literally be jumping for joy when the school bus pulls up outside our house.
  • Super excited about Muffins new Speech Therapist that is more affordable, will get to see him weekly, AND will be meeting with him at school!  No more shuttling back and forth to the therapist office and my wallet is getting a break too!  Yippee:)
  • I think I am going to make a list of personal and family goals and post them on my bathroom mirror.  I really need to lose 35lbs...really.  Ugg.  I also think our house hold needs a more structured routine.  I have some ideas to make daily life in our house calmer and more comfortable for everyone.  
  • They changed our dress code at work and I don't have hardly any professional looking clothes that fit.  No more flip flops, which I can totally understand and winter is coming any how but...I have like 1 pair of black pants and 3 blouses....not to mention I get up and get dressed when it's still dark and "dressing up" is just going to make my morning crazier.
  • I have a Family Reunion shoot tonight.  I'm guessing it's going to be windy and raining...this will be fun.
  • Oh, I almost forgot.  I never shared Muffins hair cut with you!  It was a big week for him.  Big boy hair cut, big boy booster seat in the car and he learned to ride his bike without training wheels at 4-1/2!


Muffin without the curls...sniff sniff...

Go taste the leftovers at Danifred's place!

6 comments:

Our Side of the Mountain said...

We're starting back on 9/6 too! I can't wait, but I think the kids would rather have a few more weeks of summer vacation! LOL

I found you through the SPD Blogger's Network. Added you to my "blog list". Trying to on-line connect with others families who have kids with SPD.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! The curls are gone. I am teary. I loved those curls. BUt what a handsome boy he is with his new do! Did it take you a few hours to realize it wasn't a stranger playing around your house after he got the cut. That happens to me after the boys get a cut...I am always like, who is that kid? haha!

Would love to hear your ideas for a calmer household routine.

GO SHOPPING girl! You deserve it! Get somethings that are fun and make you feel good and then take the 35 lbs slow and steady. I am going to try and fit in some exercise and eating right to my September.

Sarah
www.fortheloveofnaps.blogspot.com

Danifred said...

I can't imagine how hard it was for you to cut those curls. *sigh* The dress code changed at work? WHAT?!? No more *company name here* shirts and khakis????

L. Merical said...

Changed the dress code, did they??? Sorry to hear that! I wouldn't have any clothes that fit either, if it makes you feel any better.

and Muffin?!!! SO HANDSOME! You are in huge trouble with the ladies between your two cuties!

xoxo miss you so much!

raisingmiles said...

ACK! Muffin doesn't even look like the same kid. So big!

Who changes a dress code just like that? rude.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Love the part about less shuttling...that makes everyone feel better!

Love his haircut.

The dress code is a PITA...what about another pair of nice pants and several shirts that will coordinate. That might streamline the process.