Monday, July 18, 2011

Words to Live By

{Treat others as you would have them treat you.}
 ...
I think about these words all the time and for the most part I really try to live by them.  Am I perfect? No absolutely not, but I try to remember how important these words truly are.
I want the people I love to know that they have a soft place to land if they fall.  I want them to know I will be there to catch them.  I want the people in my life to know that I am trustworthy and I want them to feel comfortable coming to me if they need help or they are struggling. 
That is what I hope people remember about me.  
Now here in my adult life I have noticed a sad development...grown ups talk about each other behind their backs.  I know, this is a shocker, right?  I'm sure you are just as surprised as I am. This is never healthy behavior and it always makes someone feel bad.   Why do we do this to each other?
We are all different.  We all have our positive attributes and our flaws.  Being a friend is accepting these flaws and accepting that person no matter what.


Love, unconditionally.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

This is certainly true, and if something or someone is bothering you, it is always best to confront whatever it is. Talking about someone behind their back gets nothing done and it can backfire and make things much worse (as in the person finding out what was said).

BUT....we all do it. And sometimes we just need someone to vent to. Sometimes is just isn't worth complaining to the problem causer. Sometimes the complaint is petty or hypocritical. I don't know if would really like to hear every gripe about myself. It sounds nice on the surface, but it probably isn't the best.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Guilty...