Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Photos & Wrap Up

Puck is getting so big.  So is Muffin but truly when I look at Puck, my first born he is seemingly done growing.  He is a boy.  I captured this of him helping me shuck corn for the July 4th cookout.

Puck: 6 years, 8 months

The weekend went well and the kids had a blast.  The only bad thing was that I inadvertently hurt another neighbors feelings when they saw the party photos on Facebook.  Last year we had a big block party and even though is was a blast, this year we (meaning the core group of 3 families) decided to take it easy and just have a simple cookout and let the kids play.  Last years party resulting in a lot of time and expense so we decided to down play things this year.  I guess they felt excluded from the festivities and I feel terrible about that.  I know what it's like to feel as though I'm on the outside and I would never want anyone else to feel that way.  I of course apologized and tried to explain that they are welcome to anything, all they need to do it stop by.  I feel bad but at the same time I don't feel like it's my job to be the neighborhood social committee.  The other 3 families and I are always outside with the kids an d we didn't really see this as any different except we added food.  This guilt will stay with me for a while because that's how I am.  Inviting one more family would have meant inviting 5 more and then the idea of our simple intimate celebration would have been out the window.

What's a summer cookout without Corn on the Cob?

We were lucky in that lots of people in out neighboorhood were lighting off those shhhh (illegal) fireworks.  So we had a bunch of the fun but safe fireworks highlighted by a few of the big ones!

I love the sound these make when they are launched...Boom!



Today was a tough day back at work.  After a fun and relaxing weekend my day started off with an improper 2 hours long meeting with my boss.  I find it exhausting to concentrate and be "on" for this amount of time.  Ugg.  Then at the end of my day I left work at my regular time and it took me 3 hours to get home.  3 HOURS!   Stupid truck fire that shut down the highway I was on....I feel like my entire evening was robbed from me.

So now I'm a little grumpy but trying to take the edge off with the last bit of wine I can find in the house and then it's up and running again tomorrow.  Vacation will be here before I know it, I just have to make it.

Lastly I just wanted to know if anyone used Instagram.  I am totally addicted!  Would you like to follow me?  You can find me there as:  justmebrandi with lots of fun and filtered iPhone photos!


Instagram Photo http://instagr.am/p/HB1VR/

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Ughhh...I HATE, HATE, HATE being stuck in traffic.

I know the neighbors may feel slighted but you shouldn't feel bad. It's not your job to provide the entire neighborhood with 4th of July festivities. I think it's a little jerkish for them to make a comment about it. I mean people are allowed to have parties with just very close friends and family present sheesh.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

1. I need to get an iPhone.
2. I hate that feeling...that's kind of why FB sucks.
3. I envy anyone who takes good firework photos...I need to take a photography class.
4. I still can't get my lightscoop to work...can't change my settings.
5. 2 hour meetings are for the birds...you can tell your boss I said that.
6. I felt so bad reading your updates about traffic...that is the PITS!