Sunday, July 17, 2011

Way to Early

I'm up early as usual.  It's Sunday morning in my house and the boys are in rare form, screaming, yelling, and just giving me the overall feeling that they could jump out of their skin at any moment with all this excitement.

It's ridiculous.  I mean it's not even 8:00am and they are already bored and asking for their DS's or jumping on each other or chasing the dog, fighting and wrestling.  I think I'm going to need another cup of coffee ASAP.  If I have to say...

Stop Screaming!
Get off your brother!
Leave the dog alone!
Don't jump on the couch!
Get Down!
Stop Screaming!  (I say this one the most)

I've about had it and it's just way too early to start the day off this way.  All this while their father is trying to sleep, I don't think he could possibly be slumbering after all this noise.

Why can't they just watch TV like normal children do on Sunday mornings?

I'm ready for a nap.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I sort of feel you pain. What's with kids' inability to know it's Sunday and they shouldn't be getting up before 8?

The Depews said...

I know the feeling. It's been 3 1/2 years since I have slept past 7am on weekend. 3 1/2 mostly wonderful years... but what would be so wrong with sleeping in? Just.one.time!?

I would also love just one day where I didn't have to yell to be heard over the din. And where no one was trying to maim or kill anyone else the second I turned my back.

I vow I will rememeber these days. And when they are teenagers and want to sleep till noon I will get up before the crack of dawn and march through the house banging cymbals and yelling at the top of my lungs for no good reason. Just because.

Danifred said...

Were you in my house yesterday morning (or this morning!)?!?

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

I hate those mornings!