Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holiday Weekend

It's always a carnival where I live.  Children flood the streets with bikes, scooters, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk.  The ice cream truck is often spotted making the rounds around our hood as well.  The kids run with wild abandon...they are living a great childhood here.  The kids have all known each other since they were born since we live in a new neighborhood and all moved in around the same time.

It's a blessing but also a curse.  It's hard to find quiet time and family time with just us since someone is always playing outside or looking for a playmate, etc.   Tonight we are having our pre-4th celebration.  Cook out with all the neighbors and kids and of course fireworks! 

I'm looking forward to watching the kids play and chatting it up with the neighbors, our friends.  I'm also looking forward to capturing it all with my new camera that I am loving!

Happy July 4th everyone:)

2 comments:

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Family time is tough sometimes b/c you don't want to interrupt the fun.

What about scheduling family time? I've found us doing this more and more and it does help.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Wait...new camera? Did I miss something that I should be totally jealous of?