Monday, July 11, 2011

Do I Matter? Doesn't matter, I have no energy to.

As a woman in my mid-30's, married, with children...I think it's safe to say I have let myself go.  In the very least I haven't made myself a priority. 

99.9% of my wardrobe comes from Target.  Yes, Target.  Don't tell me how much you love Target because I love it too, but seriously this is sad.  I used to shop at Old N.avy but now I don't even do that. 

I haven't had a hair cut in 2 years!   OMG, make that 3.  3 Years?  That's embarrassing.

Most days I don't even see the point of trying to eat right or exercise.  I mean yes I would love to lose 30 pounds but I don't really think anyone really cares if I do or if I don't.

I feel like it's all I have in me to get out of bed in the morning, go to work, keep up with the kids, take care of the house, empty the dishwasher, fold the laundry, feed the kids, feed the dog, bathe myself, pick up after 3 other people, and sleep.  There just isn't enough energy left in the day no matter how much coffee or RedBull I drink:(

4 comments:

Heather said...

I was sitting here the other day making parrot toys.. and I thought to myself... if someone asked me what my hobbies are I would answer, making parrot toys, crocheting and clipping coupons. Are you kidding me? When the hell did I turn into a 65 year old woman? The worst part is if you asked me what I would rather be doing, you would get the all too familiar blank stare. I have no clue, I do however know that there has to be something more. Cause if not... I am screwed.

Melinda said...

I am 100% in agreement with you. I'm making a feeble attempt at 'the summer of me', to put myself first. It's not going well.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I read your last post before this one. Sounds like you are on your way! GET THE HAIRS CUT! Makes such a difference! DO IT!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

I love what Melinda said about the "summer of me." What an idea, huh?

I also agree about the haircut...awesome.

What about if you asked everyone who wanted to get you a gift to get your a gift card to a store that is a little more "upscale?" That's not the word I want to use, but something that makes you feel a little better. I've also found my clothes last longer that aren't from Target/Old Navy.

The thing about this post is that you still have time to enjoy your family and your summer and there's got to be something self-serving about that, right? Unless it's all a ruse and I'm just fooling myself.