Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sleep

I don't have babies anymore.  My boys are 4 and 6.  So, generally speaking we all sleep through the night here, but I'm still tired.  I am tired all the time and NEVER feel like I've had enough sleep when I wake up...EVER.  Maybe something is wrong with me but often sleep feels like a drug I just have to have more of and fast. 

Currently there are beach towels and blankets hanging over Muffin's windows to keep it as dark as possible for as along as possible.  With this trashy fix in place he usually sleeps until 6:20.  6:20AM:(  So I get up early when I go to work and I get up early on weekends.  Hubs and I try to switch off but even that only gets you sleeping-in until 8:30, maybe 9:00 with is simply deliriously fantastic.  Gone are the days of sleeping until noon.  Now I go through life feeling like a zombie.  Lately I've notice by 3:00pm I'm sleepy as hell and have to have coffee to keep me up right with my eyes open.  I actually started fantasizing about those 5-hour energy drinks I keep hearing about...

I used to be a night owl.  Up late at night cleaning out closets or watching my favorite old movies.  Now, I could fall asleep on he couch by 9pm.  Now I'm no longer a night owl and I'm still not a morning person so there are like 4 hours in the day where I actually feel "normal". 

ZZZzzzz.....



Oh, sorry, I dozed off. 

Naps are out of the question.  How do us parents, especially moms, get any relief?  It's hopeless.  Maybe in about 10 years when we get into the teen years.  I promise I will NEVER complain about not being able to get teenage boys out of bed in the morning.

4 comments:

Shell said...

I have said the same thing about never complaining when my boys are teens and sleep in. I'm tired all the time!

Tezzie said...

Sorry...I'm about to sound like my mom, here...but are you getting enough vitamins?? How are your iron levels? Even though nothing beats a good nap, you might be able to solve some of the groggy feeling by eating some extra parsley and blueberries. :D Can't hurt, right? (unless, of course you happen to be allergic...then totally disregard LOL)

Hope you catch some good z's!!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Have you tried blackout shades? They've worked wonders at our house...I dread going away b/c we're without them.

I figure I'll sleep when I'm dead (haha...figures that's the same phrase I used in my 20s when I was partying all the time)...the irony.

Roz said...

We have two boys as well...one is 6 and the other is almost 4. They sleep in at the most inconvenient times, like when we need to get up and out the door by 8am. Otherwise it is 6:30am, sometimes 7 if you're lucky. I guess the fact of the matter is that it's not really about what time you wake up...it's all about being to wake up from a deep slumber when you choose to....NOT when your children are rising for the day. Good luck! Cheers...to the 9pm bedtime!