Sunday, June 12, 2011

Muffin Knocked Out his TOOTH!

Muffin is only 4.  Puck didn't lose a tooth until he was 6.  That means my poor child is going to have a whole in his mouth for at least 2 years.

Muffin is tough stuff.  This kid NEVER cries.  He wipes out on his Razor scooter or his bike or trips over his own feet and always says, "I'm Ok!"  Other parents are always amazed and remark how tough he his, and it's true.  I read that kids with Sensory Processing Disorder (Muffin is a Sensory Seeker) can have a higher tolerance to pain.  Whatever the reason the only time I see this kids cry is when he doesn't get his way.

Yesterday we were invited to see a friend that I haven't seen in 7 or 8 years.  It was a fun party with everything the kids love, moonbounce, waterslide, and even a magic show!  An hour into the festivities I heard another child cry out in pain at the waterslide.  I look over and he is crying pretty badly so I walk over to see if he is ok and find his folks.  Then I check out Muffin who is just sitting there quietly with his hand up to his mouth. 

Me: You ok?
Muffin:  I hurt myself.

I noticed a tiny smear of blood on his check.  I figured he bit his lip so I lifted up his lip to check things out and was honestly shocked to see a huge hole where is front tooth was supposed to be!  Of course I snatched his up and hollered out for Hubs.

Me:  He knocked his tooth out!
Hubs:  Really? (slightly frowning)

It was going to come out eventually (in about 2 years!!!)

Muffin never cried.  He only asked me to put it back in a few times.  He went right back to sliding and bouncing like nothing had happened!  This kid is fierce.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Yowser! What a tough kiddo.

SmartBear said...

Wow! What a bruiser! My cousin knocked out both front teeth when he was 3 on the bathtub faucet. He was really small for his age anyway so he walked around looking like this miniature 5 year old. It was actually really cute! Put it this way...photos of Muffin will be pretty priceless and unforgettable from here on out! I bet he rocks it!
Best,
Tina

*Jess* said...

poor guy! Our friend's little girl knocked her tooth out at age 2! She is now 7 and its finally growing in!

krayzid0rk said...

Man what a trooper! I could barely look at the pic. The thought and sight of losing teeth icks me out like a no other lol. I don't know how you do it, maybe it's mama mode and you forget all about it!

Ashley said...

We had teeth drama this week too. My 19 month old baby girl fell and broke her two front teeth in half. It's horrible! At least you only have 2 years to go, they may have to pull hers! Ahh! Your guy sounds tough, I would be a wreck!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

wow...i would have cried!

he's kind of looking at you like "why are you taking a picture of me right now?" poor guy...he is a trooper though!

Danifred said...

Holy crap. He's one tough dude!

Tiffany said...

Awww. He sounds like a real trooper. At least he has handled it quite well.

Tezzie said...

Awww...poor little sweetie! And, wow...he's made of tuff stuff, for sure <3 Will the tooth fairy come for a visit? If so, maybe he won't be too sad about the loss of his tooth...