Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Forgetful

I screw up a lot.  I forget things mostly.  Being forgetful does come in handy though.  I don't hold grudges because I can never remember why we were fighting in the first place.  That would be a benefit.  I can't be mad at you if I can't remember why you pissed me off.  I forget important things too which is NOT good.  I try to keep a calendar but even that is not foolproof. 

I live with the best intentions.  I am kind and I am patient and I am calm...95% of the time.  I give people the benefit of the doubt and I forgive.  Yet, I don't always receive that back from other people. 

Why is that?  It's frustrating.

All that aside, I realize that I will never remember the crazy things my kids say to me and and what age they were when they reached certain milestones.  I will never remember the things that bring me joy and the little things that make up my life each and every day. 

I want to remember.  I don't want to forget...the good or the bad.  All of these things make me who I am today and when I'm old and gray I want to...REMEMBER.

7 comments:

krayzid0rk said...

I can't ever remember what Jake and I fought about either. I guess when it's love you just let go. I can however hold a grudge against others.

I'm super forgetful post baby but I do have a blog post specifically to remember the funny things kids say. I never want to forget that.

Shell said...

I have an awful memory, too! That's what blogs are for, though, right?

Clairity said...

That's why we have a blog, I guess. I wish there were blogs when my kids were little or that I'd written it down somewhere.

Agree with you about not getting it back from people.

SmartBear said...

I think that's why I have so many photo albums. Gah! You look lovely and the kiddos look adorable.
I feel ya about getting it back. It's like I try to give and then I feel drained. Maybe I am getting it back and I am too damn tired to see it or recognize it.

Best,
Tina

Natalie said...

I now know what the definition of mom brain is...now that I have a baby I can't remember anything. Just found your blog from Shell's post this morning and really enjoying it! I am following you now and look forward to reading more :)

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

My memory sucks...enter blog.

Amber Page Writes said...

That's the beautiful thing about blogging, though. We'll at least have a written record of the things we've forgotten.