Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dusting off the Cobwebs

It's been awhile since my fingers have pressed these keys.  I couldn't think of anything to write and it wasn't for lack of available topics.  I just couldn't...talk.

I have just returned from my favorite place in the whole world.  A place that if we weren't tied to our jobs and a house that is worth half what we paid, I would move there in a minute.  When I am there everything in my mind is clear.  I am a better self.  I am confident in my body even with the extra pounds that have been hanging on.  I am a better mother, a better wife, a better me... There my head is clear the air is like magic.  My mind is quiet, my heart beats slowly and my soul is calm.

It's not paradise, it's not a perfect place as I am not a perfect person but when I'm there it still feels like home.  Even though I had to leave and come home, the calm lingers with me still and brings me comfort and excitement to return again soon.  I am reminded what's important in life and to treasure your friends and your family.

{So with a clear head I am here again and ready to write once again...}

I think I'll start with some bullets of my most recent thoughts or leftovers as Danifred would call them!
  • My hair is as long as it was in high school.  I've been growing it out for over a year now and I'm now not sure if I should chop it all off again and start over or just let it go.  
  • Muffin continues to make improvements in his speech and development but it's slow and steady.  Only when I am around other children his age am I reminded just how far behind I know he is.  I'm haunted by the results of out county school system when they denied him services, "He scores low but not low enough..."  I pray this kid catches up.
  • Our living room/family room is being painted next Monday and I am ECSTATIC.  This is so overdo I can't even begin to tell you how run down the house is looking and how great it is going to look again.  I chose a nice neutral gray to contrast the maple cabinets and the red couch;)  Yippee!  I need something new to look at everyday:)
  • My current goals in life are:
    •  Remember to do thinks my hubby asks.  I have a terrible memory.
    • Be more patient with my boys, yell less.
    • Get back on the workout/weight loss train, even though I am happier now with my appearance and confident in my own skin than I have been in a long time, I still want to fit into a certain pair of jeans that are buried in my closet.
    • Find a way to live in a new place and make a better life for my family.

7 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Good to hear from you. I am so glad you have that perfect place to just be yourself. I wish so much that you can find that in all places but I am so glad that you have that place and time and got some rejuvination that you needed.

Tiffany said...

It's nice to have that place to go, where you can be you, clear your head, collect your thoughts and relax.

You sound rejuvenated. Fresh paint is so refreshing, it can change the mood and brighter the days.

Michele said...

I'm glad you were able to get away and clear your head. Sometimes everyone needs some time away. Welcome back.

Danifred said...

Glad you're back, but even happier you've found some time to rejuvenate. It's wonderful that you have a place that makes you feel so good, inside and out!

krayzid0rk said...

The system is very screwy. We had Nathan tested for ADHD and the school won't do anything because he is not falling 2 grade levels behind.

WHO LETS THEIR KID GET THAT FAR BEHIND BEFORE THEY ASK FOR HELP?! No wonder kids get discouraged and drop out a few years later. Someone needs to step up and help children, they are our future.

On a positive note I'm glad you're back. You were missed.

I'm jealous you have a place to reset your mind. I hope to find mine someday soon.

Natalie said...

I love the beach! It calms me too...your boys are adorable! I need to set some life goals...maybe you have inspired me to do so.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

I love a place that feels like home.

The public school system drives me nuts sometimes...and I worked there for years.

I have a terrible memory too.

I have a few gray rooms and love them all...my entire house may be painted gray next time!