Sunday, April 10, 2011

Paper Mama Photo Challenge - B&W {Little Heart Breaker}

I love Black and White photos so much.  For me it's not enough for a photo to lack color.  A good Black and White portrait just has a feeling that you can't get from color.


This is my 6 year old son, my first born.  I accompanied him to a birthday party for a female classmate at the local bounce house.  As we walked across the parking lot and the girls spotted him they started jumping up and down and screaming, "Puck is coming!  He's here, Puck is here!!! Ahhhhh!"  When we opened the glass doors the screams reached a level I never thought possible.  You would have thought Justin B.ieber just rolled up to the party or something.  All the parents were looking at me and I was laughing inside.  While he was trying to sign the birthday poster he actually turned around and asked the mob to back up a little!!!  His teacher mentioned he was a little ladies man and this confirmed it.  I'm happy to say he played hard-to-get and played with the boys for most of the party.  Future Heart-Breaker in Training.


The Paper Mama

Go over to enter or view the other B&W entries with The Paper Mama.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

what a sweet capture! Love the brightness in his eyes!

Buckeroomama said...

That is too cute how he's already such a hit with the girls! I love this shot of him... love the look in his eyes, that tiny hint of a smile/smirk, and the wonderful catchlights. :)

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Hold that moment with you all week and when you are having one of those 10% moments...and I hope you don't have any - remember what a great kiddo you have! You are doing this mama thing wonderfully! We are too hard on ourselves so often -but moments like this one that you just had should be a smack in the face to say - relax! You've got this.

This post made me smile!

Tezzie said...

He's adorable :D That photo just made me fall in love with him a little bit (but, you know...not in a creepy way ;D). Gorgeous capture and beautiful black and white!

SmartBear said...

What a charmer! You better hold on tight Mama! LOL!
Best,
Tina

MostlyFlumxd said...

So sweet.
BTW, first Paris post is up, if you wanna check it out...

krayzid0rk said...

That is the cutest post ever!

I myself like b&w as well. Jake disagrees with me but he doesn't have the photographers eye. I feel like some pictures are just much better b&w because you SEE the emotion rather than all the other stuff cluttering up the picture and drawing your eye away from it.

Danifred said...

He's so stinkin' cute!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

It's hysterical that he had to tell them to back up!!! I love it!

I so agree with you take on B&W pictures too...I love them.

allison said...

soo cute!! love the story and the shot is beautiful!

Jaymi said...

so cute, you can really get a sense of his personality from this shot!