Monday, April 11, 2011

Muffin Has Come So Far

It's been a slow change, but he IS changing.  I've noticed it, little things here and there that he never used to do before. 

Today when I dropped him off at school one of his teachers said to me how remarkably he was doing.  She said he's like a completely different kid.  When I picked him up I received a report that he had played so nicely with another classmate.  (Usually he plays by himself, ignoring the other children)  Then another teacher from the school commented about his amazing changes and improved behavior.   I walked away holding Muffin's hand with so much pride I thought my heart would burst.

Lately there have been other signs of improvement...

He started singing me a song he learned at school, which I posted the other day if you missed it.  He is 4 years old and has never done that before.

I can't remember that last time he threw one of those intense temper tantrums.  Wow, I really can't!

When I handed him his lunch today he said, "Thank you, Mama." 

We have started having conversations.  They are very short and very simple but he is really started communicating with me beyond what he wants or needs.

Muffin continues to take Speech and OT and wears his weighted vest at circle time and snack time at school.  I'm also convinced that the ear tubes have made all the difference.  It's so nice to see his REAL personality beginning to develop:-)

I can't wait to see where Muffin takes us!

4 comments:

krayzid0rk said...

YAYYYY I can only imagine that is one of the best feelings!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a darn perfect Monday! Cheers to a great Tuesday! I could feel the love radiating from this post. So great.

daisybv2 said...

Awesome Girl!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

This is such amazing news...thanks for sharing. You rock!