Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm In Love...

...with Wedding Photography!  I've actually shot several weddings over the years.  I shot one myself 10 years ago (yeah, on film BTW!!!) I've assisted on a few and this past Saturday I shot one all on my own.  It was amazing.  I loved everything about it.  I loved meeting and networking with all the other professionals involved in the event.  I loved talking with everyone in the wedding party.  I loved photographing everything from the Bride's orange shoes to the cake cutting.

It was a long 2 hour drive in the rain to the venue of the day.  A gorgeous property and such a picturesque place for the planned outdoor ceremony and reception.

This bride wanted to do  a boudoir session before putting on the dress, so that made it extra fun.  
The wedding was scheduled to be begin at 4pm...there also happened to be a thunderstorm and tornado warning at the same time.  We ended up inside, it was pouring and the ceremony was lit with candlelight.  Beautiful and simple, just like the couple wanted.  I worked through the challenges of the darkness too:)

I carried 2 cameras around my neck and captured all the details of the wedding, flowers, favors, table settings, cake...all the fun stuff.

I'm so glad I wore my boots, even if I looked ridiculous;)
The reception started in a downpour and even though we were in a tent the water was pouring across the brick patio dance floor.  The bride and groom didn't let anything deter their excitement  and began their 1st dance together with very wet feet!  I was almost brought to tears myself during a very emotional dance between the bride and her father.  Deep breaths I told myself, no one wants to see the photographer blubbering away, hahaha!

Midway through the reception the rain actually stopped and the couple asked if we could run out and snap a few shots in front of the tree they were supposed to get married at.  We walked out the tent and saw the most beautiful rainbow!  I took my favorite picture of all time under that rainbow.  Everyone was so happy:)

I was exhausted by the time I got home way after dark...put my feet up and enjoyed a nice glass of Cab.  I can't wait to do it again:-)

4 comments:

Danifred said...

The rainbow picture is just glorious. Maybe you've found your calling?!?

L. Merical said...

I can not wait to see all the pics! The sneak previews were soooo cute :)

Kristiina said...

The sneak peek pics were amazing! Great job!!!

daisybv2 said...

Awesome I am sure they will turn out so awesome. I loved my wedding photos but I think he could have done some things different for the amount i paid.

Ah well. I cant want to see your you seem to have great talent.