Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Hunting {Easter Eggs}


 We had a blast yesterday at our neighborhoods annual Easter Egg Hunt.  It's something we have done since Puck was born and now it's a tradition.

Puck was decked out in his snow boots "Red Power Ranger Gear"!  While waiting for the hunt to start he could be seen fighting an imaginary battle...slashing the air with his "Samuraizer..."  If you don't know what that is then you are obviously not a 6 year old boy.

Muffin was not too sure about the whole egg hunt idea.  He's making a face in about every photo that says, "Do I have to do this?"  As soon as we pulled up to the clubhouse he announced he did not want to see the bunny.  (Who admittedly is a little freaky but aren't all Easter Bunnies slightly questionable?)

I got a great new photo  of me with the boys, which always makes me happy.  I don't take a few, I posted over on 40 on Face.book.  I know, I'm out of control with the photo taking,what can I say...


 Today it's Paaz and boiled eggs.   We didn't get to it yesterday because the weather was so gorgeous we spent all day outside playing.  The camera battery is charging now...

Can I ask a question here?  I hope I don't offend anyone but when did bicycles even become an option for an Easter gift?  I just think that's maybe over the top.  Maybe it's just me but my baskets are pretty traditional: Chocolate Bunnies, Jelly Beans, Peeps, a stuffed bunny.  Isn't that why it's a BASKET?  The last time I checked a bike wouldn't fit in the basket...

 OK.  I'm done venting...


Happy Easter:-)

6 comments:

Tezzie said...

What fun!!! Looks like the boys had a great time...maybe Muffin loved the baskets, at least ;D (and omg...I'd be freaked out meeting such a huge bunny, myself!). As for bicycles as an Easter gift...INSANELY over the top, in my opinion! We'll stick to pumping our kids full of sugar, thank you very much ;D

Happy Easter, my friend!

Danifred said...

Nope, no bikes. No bikes in a basket. Candy, painting supplies, hair bows, trinkets.

And eggs, of course!

Looks like you guys had a great time :)

raisingmiles said...

A bike? That is indeed a weird Easter present!

Jenn said...

Although we no longer do Easter baskets, I do think a bike is excessive. I think anything more than candy and stuffed animals and/or Easter trinkets is too much, though. I've seen people give video games, gaming systems, etc...and I just don't get it. A bike just seems ridiculous to the third power.

Your pics are lovely and I'm glad you guys had a good Easter!
Jenn

Shell said...

Love all the pics!

I get so picture happy at events like this!

daisybv2 said...

Cute pics looks like the boys had fun and A BIKE are you kidding me. Yes I have a friend who for her son who is 6 a 3D nintendo DS and like 4 games for EASTER UM no.

I do get my kids small toys this year it was all outside stuff chalk bubbles lil match box cars and candy.

I mean Come on a BIKe maybe for bday or Xmas but not Easter thats for sure.