Thursday, April 7, 2011

10% Me

I haven't been writing...not because I don't want to...I just haven't been able to put my thoughts to paper laptop. 

Lately I've been feeling like the 10% mom.  I leave pretty early in the morning.  I get home around 4:30.  My kids go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00.  That means I have 3 hours to spend with them.  During this 3 hours there is homework, dinner, laundry, various after school activities.  Also, by the time I get home at 4:30 I have likely driven 60-100 miles that day. 

By the time I get home I am 10% of myself. 

I am tired. 

I am a 10% mom. 

6 comments:

Clairity said...

Aah, don't worry about it. This too shall pass. We've all been there before at some point. Moms are human too and that means we can't be 100% 100% of the time :) Hope you have a great weekend.

Danifred said...

Hang in there Mama. Thinking of you.

Patty O. said...

This is so hard. I hope you get some time to yourself in all this craziness!

Ed, Sarah, Charley, and Henry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Hang in there! Breathe! Chill a bottle of wine! TGIF tomorrow!

I hope my email checking in was okay. You just had been posting so regularly and I always worry when blog friends take a break...anyways! Concentrate on doing what will make you happy this weekend!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Yes, but you're 90% like the rest of the world...if only for a little while. This "life stuff" is hard, but you're doing the best you can.

Remember this...kids only remember 10 events from their childhood on average. I'm sure that you being tired isn't going to be one. You're doing the best you can and I'm sure that fact will outshine every tired day you have.