Thursday, March 24, 2011

Things I Did Right Today

  • I put on eyeliner before I even left the house.
  • I wore my hair down and it looked as if I had even looked in the mirror before I left the house.
  • I folded 3 loads of laundry AND put them away.
  • I ate:  salad for lunch and a roast beef sandwich on wheat for dinner and a protein shake for snack, nothing else.
  • I showered.
  • I remembered that Puck's homework is due tomorrow.
I forgot how shooting everyday makes me so tired.  In case you didn't know, for the last 11 years I have been a preschool photographer.  I wipe noses, comb hair, and photograph the 1-6 year old crowd on a daily basis.  I also pretty much act like a crazy lady the whole time to get smiles out all those tiny people.  By noon, I'm exhausted and longing for a nice quiet desk job.  So, this is why my list up there is so important to me.   Sometimes it's all about keeping up with the little stuff.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?

4 comments:

krayzid0rk said...

Past two months I've worked a quiet desk job. BORING! I was so tired just from sitting so bored by 11am. The day dragged on just sitting there.

Busy jobs are better for me. You might miss yours dearly if you changed to something quiet.

Do you do like school photos or how does that work?

Michele said...

I can't imagine doing that. I remember when I was working at a preschool and we were taking a class group photo. It took forever to get everyone looking in the same direction and smiling. My hat goes off to you. That isn't an easy job.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Your silver linings are awesome. I'll bet it's exhausting to do that everyday! I'd be a puddle!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I guess I didn't know that was what you did! Cheers! It's Friday!