Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heartfelt Words For My Boys

Clarity is what I've had over the last few days.  I feel like I can see everything that is happening all at once and yet, it's not confusing or chaotic. 

My boys have both been at their best, well except for the hour we spent waiting at the vets office yesterday...


Muffin is exploding in personality and Puck is turning into the sweetest little man. 

Tonight while I was tucking in Muffin at bedtime I said, "I love you."  He replied, "I love you too."  It made me so happy.  He also drew his first stick figure today on the chalk board.  When I asked him what is was he said, "It's Muffin!"  Except he used his real name.;)  When I pointed to the eyes and asked him what that was he said "Eyes".  It sounds so simple but it made me so happy.

Puck is becoming this little independent man that never ceases to amaze me.  He is also the most handsome 6 year old I have ever seen:)  The last 2 mornings he has come into my room just before the alarm goes off and asks to snuggle with me, just like when he was really little. 

Life is full of ups and downs and right now I'm enjoying these up days with my kids...

My mom is back in my life and I'm so happy about it.  We picked up Muffin from Preschool and had lunch at our favorite fast food place with the indoor playroom.  He was delighted and not shy...called her Grammie and asked her to come home and play some more.  Puck missed out since he is in Kindergarten all day.  He was very angry when he found out he missed out on Grammie so we will be planning another outing as soon as possible.


:-)

8 comments:

Ed, Sarah, Charley, and Henry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

enjoy the ups! Hold onto the moments tight! I wish for you a whole week up ups!

That comment up above that got deleted was me. I was signed in to a different account. Just lettin' ya know!

Danifred said...

I'm so happy for you :) Really, really happy!

Kristiina said...

I'm so glad that you are on an up swing. Enjoy every second of it....and SO happy that your mom is now more involved. I hope that continues to be a wonderful journey for all of you!

krayzid0rk said...

You my dear have been dealt a lot of not so great hands it seems, and yet you find the silver lining in all of it and enjoy all the little things that are really the only things that matter most times.

I'm so glad things are looking up for you, you deserve it!

Nicole said...

I am so, so happy for you and so, so glad that you are having these wonderful moments! I hope that they continue and know that even if they don't, you won't have taken them for granted.

Niki said...

Enjoy these moments! The "I love you's" back... are just priceless! They still melt my heart when my 3 year old says it!! Actually, I get the same feeling when my 12 year old says it too. But oh the first time it was said.. a memory that lasts a lifetime!!

Rebecca said...

This was such a great post to read...thanks for sharing the good news too!