Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yoga

I had a wonderful practice tonight. It was a class full of challenging vinyasas and poses. Having been practicing yoga for over 2 years now, I have learned that the teacher is everything. If the music isn't right it can throw it all off. I like the instructor who understands what Yoga is all about and knows more than just the poses but how they are performed, what's happening inside your body, and how important meditation is to the entire thing.

When I am struggling in my life, Yoga always brings me back, it always saves me from myself.

Need peace in your heart and in your mind? Try Yoga...

Namaste.

3 comments:

Tezzie said...

Sounds lovely...I must've had the wrong teacher when I tried it; it just felt like naptime for adults!

Rebecca said...

I'm totally with you. I 100% agree about the music! Although, I can sheepishly admit that I'm afraid to go back to it since Knee. I need to get over myself and do it again.

I did return to spin this week though...first time since July! Baby steps.

raisingmarshmallows said...

My friend and I tried yoga and we couldn't hold the poses. It was the funniest thing ever. I really enjoyed it though.

Nikki