Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Frustration

I can't quite pinpoint when it happened but at some point today things took a turn for the worst and it all went to crap.

I was reminded this morning after photographing 4 classes of 2-5 year old preschoolers, just how exhausting my job is and how I am getting too old to do it.  If the kids are great, then the teachers are questioning every move I make (as if I haven't been doing it for 10+ years).  You just can't win.  By the end my back was aching from the constant up and down and forward and backward.  I could have crawled back into bed and slept for the next 8 hours.  Maybe it's me, I'm sure I'm not as patient as I used to be.

When I came home the boys were both happy to see me, which makes it all better:)

Be Mine
Until, Puck accidentally deleted his brand new and much anticipated episode of the New Power Rangers from the DVR.  The poor kid cried for a half hour, "Make it come baaaaaaccck!!!!!"  I was still amused by his realization of the words, "Yes to delete," which I must say he now understands explicitly.

Puck then commented that I didn't cook the pasta as good as dad.  -Thanks, I really needed that.

Muffin refused to eat even 1 bite of his dinner.  He stayed at the table for almost 45 minutes while we waited for him to give in.  No amount of bribing worked. -Muffin-1, Us-0.

Sweet Little Feet
The best parts of my day included an early Valentine from Puck and a sweet plea from Muffin to take his picture too, for which I obviously obliged.  I also soaked in a hot tub when it was all over and sipped a sweet glass of red wine...

Now all I need are 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep...well, one can hope, right?

7 comments:

*Jess* said...

tomorrow will be a better day! It has to, right?

Tiffany said...

I love the last photo of Muffin and his little feet. It's soo cute. You're so creative!!

Danifred said...

Those are the days that I just want to nap/ sleep away. I hope tomorrow is better for you!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I hope today is going better! The hot tub and the glass of wine sound glorious. Glad you could indulge! Modern Family tonight...always good for a laugh!

Rebecca said...

Erg...glad you dipped into some wine...oh, and a tub too. Sounds like the only way to end a day like that.

Tezzie said...

Awwww...just look at that sweet card! Followed by some sweet toes ;D And, to top it off...some sweet wine in the tub. Gotta love that the day wasn't ALL bad, at least, 'cause we've all have those, right?! Hope your week gets better :)

Sarah Halstead said...

Aww. I love that first photo. So sweet.