Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers | The morning after edition




*As recommended by Muffins Pediatrician I made an appointment with Children's Hospital (Developmental Pediatrics).  The 1st available appointment is in October!!!  That's 9 months away.  If you know anyone going into medical school you should tell them this is the field to go into as there seems to be a ridiculous shortage of practitioners.

*Today is Muffin's 4th Birthday!  He wanted a party at Chuck E you know what, and that's what he's getting.  I hate that place but the kids seem to love it so I suppose I can suffer through.  Photos to come for sure!

*Puck has come home with a Red "face" from school twice in the last 2 weeks.  I'm so disappointed.  His report guard was good academically but I'm starting to hear his is "disorganized, has trouble sitting and listening, and uses materials inappropriately, and has even been somewhat defiant."  I'm not sure what the best way to react to these bad days at school.  I'm struggling with being consistent in my response.

*Not much progress on the weight loss front but I seem to be holding steady so that's good.  The treadmill will be getting some use soon.

*Glad to be back at Yoga, found a great new teacher this week.  Kicked my ass!

*So excited I was able to sign up Muffin for the Gym classes after all!  It's really expensive but I think it's exactly the kind of activity he needs.

*I found a woman on Etsy who makes customized weighted vests for kids with Sensory Issues.  I really wanted something that didn't look so institutional.  I convo'd her about Wall-e fabric and she HAS IT!  I plan to order Muffin a vest for use at Therapy and at school:)  I know he'll wear it if it has Wall-e on it:)  If it turns our great I'll do a post about her for all my SPD Moms out there!

*Happy Weekend Everyone!  I've been trying to respond to all your comments and e-mails.  As always your support is such a blessing and something I  never knew I could get from blogging and rambling on about his chaotic life.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.


Please go visit the lovely Danifred to enjoy some more leftovers!

3 comments:

Driven To Distraction said...

Happy Birthday to your baby! I am so, so sorry to hear that he will not be able to be seen sooner - how frustrating! Please let me know how the vest works out for you guys - C.ooper responds well to 'heavy work' and weight, and while I can send him to school with a heavy backpack, it is unrealistic for him to wear it all day to help him.

I am so glad you are doing well on the weight front! Keep it up!

Danifred said...

Happy happy happy birthday to your sweet boy! I love weighted vests and think they are awesome- so happy you found someone who custom makes them- Wall-E is perfect :)
Hope the party was awesome, can't wait to see the pictures (by the way- we are also having Tot's party there this year!)

Rebecca said...

The weighted vest sounds awesome...can't wait to hear more about that. The gym class also sounds like what he needs...good thinking, Mama!

The red "faces" have got to be frustrating. What does the teacher or counselor say?

Glad you found a good yoga teacher...makes all the difference.