Monday, February 28, 2011

Do You Ever...

Fall in love with your KIDS all over again?

I was watching Muffin at his Little Gym class tonight.  I love it.   I barely take my eyes off of him.  Watching him be himself is one of the most enjoyable things I can think of.  He is allowed to do all those things that people are usually trying to get him to stop.  For a whole hour he gets to run, jump, kick, swing, roll, tumble, hang upside down, and climb!

I was watching him roll backwards and swing his feet over his head, all the while with this huge smile on his face.  In that moment I had this feeling of unbelievable maternal love wash over me.  I just sat there full of pride and love while watching my little man do all the things he loves and all the things he is really good at.

I had the same feeling an hour earlier when for the first time Puck announced he was having a concert for us.  He even had sheet music written out with music notes on it!  My little composer touched a piece of my heart as he strummed his guitar...and you know, it actually sounded good!

7 comments:

purseblogger said...

I love this. I have those feelings at times too. They are so special. Our kids grow up way too fast.

CM said...

That's awesome!

Yes, I know how you feel. Sprout has swim classes on Tuesdays and Cubbie just started gymnastics on Saturdays. It's so cool to see your kids learn something new and get good at it. Well, that is until they have to learn how to drive, huh?!? At least we have a little while until that happens! :-)

Danifred said...

I just adore those moments. That's what it's all about!

Rebecca said...

That seals the deal...the Crazies are taking gymnastics this summer!!!

Love the composed music too...ahead of his time, huh?

Buckeroomama said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes this love just wells up and it feels like I would burst... just looking at them doing what they do best: Play. :)

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

We can leave the house with me shouting and hurry-ing them along and then as soon as Charley hustles out of the van and heads up to the school with his oversized backpack on I remember how little he really is and how quickly his time before "school" went. It is a moment when I feel so much love and want to grab him and take him back home.

Nicole said...

This post just made my heart smile! It is so easy to get caught up in life, and it is little moments like these that remind me why being a mom is such a special thing! I am so glad you had this moment.