Monday, February 14, 2011

Bye Bye Pacifiers

It's been a big week for Muffin around here.  The biggest thing besides turning 4 would be saying goodbye to his faithful night time friend...Paci.  Unlike his brother who launched his paci's to the moon at age 3, we waited until his 4th b-day to bid farewell.  Puck was excited about the balloons and let go immediately.  I had to pry the balloons out of Muffins little hand...

He only asked for the paci's a few times that night and was asleep in record time...

He asked where the paci was this morning around 6am...and whimpered just a bit when I reminded him the paci's went to the moon...




I've used this method twice now. It worked like magic for both of my boys and would highly recommend trying it if you are looking for a way to kick the paci habit:-)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thank you soooooooo freaking much for posting this. This weekend we are giving all of our binks to our new cousin and I am petrified. Absolutely petrified, but reading about life after binks here has seriously given me some confidence.

I love how the kids went tearing after the balloons at the end of the 2nd video...too funny!

Tezzie said...

Ha! Love the general chaos...could've been a video of one of our family's activitites ;D

Great idea with the pacifiers! Luckily, both of my kids stopped wanting to take their pacifiers right around the time their first teeth came in, so I never had to take the paci away from them. Around here, it's become a bit of a tradition that the kids big enough to give up their binky, give it to Santa (since Santa comes knocking on the door and comes in to deliver the gifts 'in person')...so the month of December usually involves alot of talk preparing the 'big kid' about what will happen when Santa comes.

Ashley said...

Ok why did this make me cry? Probably because we have to get rid of the paci at our place soon too and I'm scared! This is a great idea. xo

Danifred said...

I love this idea and will most certainly be sending some binks to the moon.

krayzid0rk said...

I love how creatively you did this! I would have never even thought of it.