Tuesday, January 18, 2011

They Grow So Fast...

...and you know it's true.  Life in this age and time of technology, long commutes, and 2 working parents, goes at break neck speed.  It's all buzzing by so fast that I know I'm about to blink and then it will be over.  I've been thinking about this for weeks...how do I hold on to all these memories?  As much as I'd like to think I won't forget, I know that I will.  New memories always seem to push older ones out of the way.

So my dilemma is:  How to REMEMBER this life of mine with these 2 amazing little boys?  Luckily, we are avid photo takers.  It's pretty safe to say that we take photos of the boys just about everyday.

But.

I want to remember what they say, what they wear, all the crazy, and all the love.  Like this...

One of these paws will certainly make the Project Life book!
Puck has decorated his bedroom door with "Paws" his school symbol and everyone's names.  He did this completely by himself.  He wrote all of our names, colored the pictures, tore the paper, and taped them up.  He was so proud that he made us walk up the stairs with our eyes closed to see what he "worked so hard on".  He said, "You're going to LOVE it!"

...and I do.

So how do you capture your life, all those memories...

I'm going to try to create a Project Life.  If you are curious about what this really means you can check out Ali Edwards site by clicking HERE.  What I like about this kind of project is that it is ongoing and incorporates more than just photos but thoughts, reactions, and souvenirs of day-to-day life!

I plan to write each of my sons a letter to include in the binder to get started and go from there.  I love that I can use any element that I find interesting and I'm not stuck with only one medium.  I can journal by hand, scrap, print photos, add movie tickets or whatever fun is happening in our family.  I'll show you my first few pages when I get them done.

I hope they will become cherished memories for our family.

2 comments:

Danifred said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to see the results.

Rebecca said...

I love that! I should do that!