Monday, January 10, 2011

Sensory Activity - Rice Bowl

Here is what Muffin and I did today!  He had so much fun hiding and finding the animals in the rice.  His preschool teacher suggested this activity for him since he enjoys it so much at school.  I am going to find a larger and more shallow container for him to make the play area a little larger.  I also plan on having a few different kinds of objects to hide in the rice so it's not always the same....

If you have a Sensory Seeker in your home and haven't tried this, you should.  I was surprised to find that Playdoe makes more of a mess than this did!








4 comments:

fiddlehead said...

My son would love this! I will have to try it on some especially cold, cooped up kind of day! Great....and your photos are just awesome. love your blog!

Rebecca said...

That is so cool! He is TOTALLY into it!

Sarah Halstead said...

How fun. What a great idea. Great photos.

Danifred said...

So much fun. I used to let the girls play with pasta, but haven't done the rice. Great idea!