Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

I still believe in making New Years Resolutions.  I'm all for turning a page and making a fresh start because, well, I'm anything but perfect and I make a ton of mistakes.  So I always jump on the New Years Resolution band wagon with great hope and excitement that I can, once and for all, achieve my hopes and goals for the coming year.

As I type this page I am sipping on my last glass of wine for at least a month.  I am beginning a major health overhaul tomorrow, since I can no longer bare knowing how it feels to squeeze these thighs into pants that no longer fit.  I can't bare to see myself in photographs and I am down to one pair of pants that I can wear out of the house that don't look like PJ's or Yoga pants and about 3 shirts...even my bras and underwear are too small.  It's pathetic, even if I do like this big rack that I have for the first time in my life.

I can do this.  I do have self control.  I just haven't cared much about myself this past year.  2009 was a horrendous year for me personally and I ended up on anti-depressants to bring me out of the deep depression I found myself in.  2010 was about coming back into the land of the living.  Once  I rebounded and started eating again the pounds just began piling on.  I found out later that the drug I was prescribed causes weight gain...super.  I stopped taking Yoga and walking...all that has to change.

I started Yoga again this week.  I was so sore afterward..for 3 days! My 35 birthday is this month.  Growing older always makes me reflect on my past...I can be a better me.  I have to love myself in order to be the best mom, wife, and friend I can be.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Puck and Muffin bring me all the love and joy a mom could ever need.

Wish me luck and thank you for all your comments and support over the past 2 years:)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm with you, I need to get some self control. We can do it! I'm sorry you've had such a tough time, I hope this year coming up is wonderful for you! Xo

Tiffany said...

If you set your mind to something, you can achieve it. I know what you mean about getting your body back. I've been slacking about my gym attendance and I am aiming at getting my butt on the treadmill once again. At least you didn't go and buy bigger clothes to fit and have put your foot down about losing weight. I always caved in and bought bigger ones. Cheers to New Years Resolutions!

Rebecca said...

Big rack...you crack me up.

Healing is a long process...since 2009 was so hard, of course it would take you a while to regulate. Now you're just going to continue to heal, but physically this time. I think you're going to love what you can do for yourself. Enjoy!

Danifred said...

You've got this! This will be your best year yet :)

Meg said...

good for you! stay positive! and ps, those party hats are adorable :)
xo meg

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I can't wait to celebrate the year with you! You'll do great!