Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pick Up After Yourself, Your Mama Doesn't Work Here...

oh...yeah she does, that's me.

I never understood why my mother complained about always picking up the clutter and putting away things that were out of place.

I. Totally. Get. It. Now.

I could literally walk in the door and never stop moving until bedtime.  There is ALWAYS something out of place.  Toys on the floor, dishes in the sink, a full trash can ready to spill over, shoes splayed all over, random socks that I have to pry out of the dogs mouth, laundry spilling out of baskets and hampers in every bedroom.

It's exhausting.

I'm so over it.

I need help and I need it fast or I'm just going to start throwing everything away.

9 comments:

Kristiina said...

I feel the same way! And being here all day with the kids, I feel like I literally never stop picking up, cleaning or putting away something. And the sad part is that even at the end of the day, my house is still a disaster.

K

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I hear ya! I have actually started throwing things away. Kind of feels good!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

That sounds so incredibly frustrating - you should start throwing things away, maybe that'll get people to start putting their own stuff where it should go!

Tezzie said...

It's EXACTLY the same thing here...I think you've just managed to get me started on a bit of a cleaning rampage ;D Best of luck with yours!!!

Rebecca said...

So annoying...I bought tons of collapsible bins at Kohl's last Summer and I just throw things in those. At least all the crap is hidden that way. I am totally down with the "throw it away" idea though...that'll teach them!

*Jess* said...

I threaten with big black trashbags way more often than I ever thought I would!

Tezzie said...

So, I ended up getting a wee bit done around here today...not nearly enough, though! Gotta try that trash bag trick ;D

Here's a bit of love for you, if you'd like to pick it up: http://notalwayspictureperfect.blogspot.com/2011/01/trendy.html

Faith said...

I hear ya! just before xmas I bought some big plastic bins to pack up a bunch of the kids stuff into the garage the... of course I haven't had the time to pack stuff up yet!
Hope you work something out!

Patty O. said...

I can totally relate to this post! On top of always picking up after the kids, my 7 yo son has taken to getting sassy when I tell him to hang his coat up or put his socks in the hamper. He'll say, "I have to work all day long. All you ever do is make me work." Makes me want to smack the kid!