Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Out-Of-Sync Child by Carol Kranowitz {SPD}

If you have been going through early intervention screenings with your little one then you have probably already heard of this book.

It's all about Sensory Processing Disorder.  While I am reading through it I find myself nodding my head in agreement and thinking, "Wow, that's my son!"

I've picked it up again and thought  a refresher of the concepts would be good.  The most recent person that evaluated Muffin suggested  I go see Carol Kranowitz speak in person.  I didn't even know she did that, but she does and if you go to her website HERE and click on events you can see where she will be and what topics are being discussed.  Her speaking engagements are geared towards, therapists, educators, and parents. 

I'm ecstatic and can't wait.  I am personally more of an auditory learning so listening to her speak will be a lot more valuable for me than reading the book over and over again.

...

Over the next 2 weeks I will be developing a Sensory Diet for Muffin so stay tuned for fun sensory activities to do with your little ones:)

3 comments:

Kristiina said...

So glad that you are finding resources and avenues to help you through the "figuring out" phase.

Danifred said...

So happy you are finding more information. It sounds like it would be super informative!

*Jess* said...

that's exciting!