Thursday, January 27, 2011

Color Balance

I was grumpy today (because I hate snow)...so my husband brought me flowers home when he ran out to the store to pick up some milk:) 

I had to photograph them, but it was really dark in my kitchen.  I used my light scoop and shot this image with my 85mm 1.8 at 1600 ISO.  The vase was sitting on my kitchen island with the closed wooden window blinds in the background...

SOOC

I didn't like how "brown" the image was.  So I adjusted the color balance....

After color balance adjustments.

Almost looks like it could have been taken outside, don't you think?

3 comments:

*Jess* said...

I love it! Color balance is an area I really have trouble with! You nailed it! And I love my light scoop, too!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

It sure does look like it was taken outside! When I first opened this page, I said, "how the hell did someone get flowers outside and all I have is this nasty snow?" Yes, I'll admit a moment of jealousy!

Love this show!!!

I need a lightscoop...bad.

cynthia said...

Love you edit. And I think I might love your hubby too for bring you flowers because you've been feeling grumpy.